Sandia National Laboratories R&D Nanotechnologies Integration Lab/Cleanroom Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a General Technologist to support cleanroom operations within the BES-funded Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT). The individual filling this position will responsible for micro-fabrication process and equipment engineering with respect to testing methods, procedures, and problems; specification and defect metrology problems; analysis of user concerns; and optimizing line productivity relative to time constraints of the program.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Train and qualify CINT visitors (users) on the operation of the relevant micro-fabrication tool sets
- Assist CINT users in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of process flow and equipment performance
- Be responsible for the oversight of cleanroom safety and chemical handling to ensure a safe work environment for all clean room visitors
- Assist clean room staff in the installation, qualification, process, and equipment development for the tool sets in the cleanroom
- High school diploma plus three years of directly related experience
- Experience working in a clean room environment with direct equipment maintenance or ownership responsibilities
- Experience installing, developing processes, and training users on micro-fabrications tool sets including deposition, etch, lithography, and metrology systems
- Experience working directly with research or engineering staff in a micro-fabrication environment and the ability to perform independent experiments
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L-clearance
- Experience with identification, troubleshooting, and resolution of microfabrication processes and equipment related issues
- Ability to perform and complete tasks independently or in a team environment, and strong organization skills
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a highly diverse user population and staff
- Experience with maintaining multiple project or task specific budget line items
The Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT) Science Department consists of CINT scientific research staff assigned to the Material, Physical, and Chemical Sciences Center at Sandia National Laboratories. CINT is a DOE/Office of Science National User Facility operated jointly by Sandia and Los Alamos National Laboratories with facilities at both Laboratories. The CINT Science Department is dedicated to establishing the scientific principles that govern the design, performance, and integration of nanoscale materials into microscale and macroscale systems and devices.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT