Sandia National Laboratories R&D Electrical Engineer - Electronic Test (Entry/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The COTS Electronic Component Engineering Department 02634 has immediate openings for experienced electronic test engineers to support WR (War Reserve) and WR-related programs. Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) electronic piece parts are selected and characterized to meet the demanding performance specifications and reliability requirements of WR applications. The successful candidate with work with design engineers, component engineers, and Test Team personnel to understand requirements, develop qualification test plans and capabilities, and lead evaluation of electronic components in various stress environments.
- Advanced degree (Master's or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant engineering discipline plus Bachelor's degree in S.T.E.M. discipline; or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline plus 5 or more years relevant experience
- Experience developing, performing, and interpreting results from test processes for a variety of electronic component types
- Able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance
1. Experience using Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) for characterization of electronic piece parts
2. Experience using Teradyne Microflex ATE
3. Experience implementing test plans in accordance with military & JEDEC standards
4. Knowledge of semiconductor device physics
5. Experience with radiation effects testing for microelectronics and semiconductors
6. Active DOE Q-Level security clearance.
The Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Electronic Component Engineering Department (2634) is responsible for identification, characterization and qualification of commercial electronic components proposed for use in High-Reliability Sandia National Laboratory applications. The department provides supplier and component information, hardware, test and reliability information and surveillance testing and information, to our system/subsystem design customers and to our Production Agency partners. Our core competency also includes supply chain assurance, assessing component compatibility with manufacturing processes and test process development to determine the suitability of COTS electronic components proposed for use in High-Reliability applications.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT