Sandia National Laboratories R&D Electrical Engineer-Component Assessment (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to become part of the NM Stockpile Systems Engineering team (02221, 02222, 02223 and 02224). The system engineering responsibilities include supporting our stockpile systems through leading change in the surveillance of our high-priority component and material evaluation efforts, and providing design agency engineering support for the production agencies. We are also preparing to be begin sustainment of a modernized stockpile including the B61-12, W88-0 Alt 370, and beyond. As the Systems point of contact, duties will include teaming with Military Liaison to resolve filed issues, managing Limited Life Components, and directing weapon system assessments of critical electrical components. Additionally, there will be opportunities to lead technical efforts supporting various flight test programs including Joint Test Assembly (JTA) Refreshes or Extended Navy Test Bed effort. Important external interfaces include our National Nuclear Security Administration, DoD customers, Los Alamos National Laboratory, DoD contractors, as well as the Kansas City National Security Campus (KCNSC) and Pantex Production Plants. Developing internal interfaces and relationships with component, quality, design definition, test and evaluation, computational simulation, and independent assessment organizations will be critical for the successful candidate(s).
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Electrical Engineering (or other closely related engineering discipline);
- Two or more years directly related engineering experience;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Significant experience in support of nuclear weapons engineering;
- Prior experience with DOE partners, such as NNSA, DOD, or other national laboratories;
- Current and active DOE Q-level security clearance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT