Sandia National Laboratories R&D, Cybersecurity (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Outstanding, experienced professionals are needed for multiple positions to work on energetic and highly talented teams in information security and systems research, development and engineering. Topical areas include statistics, analytics, machine learning, distributed computation, modeling and simulation, hardware (HW) security systems, SCADA/control systems and R&D activities aimed at improving the security of computers, computer networks, and other digital electronic systems. The opportunity for leadership is available depending on qualifications and performance. Domestic and international travel opportunities are also available, as is the ability to collaborate with leading university, corporate, and government partners.
Candidates applying on this requisition may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Conduct research to discover and test innovative methods in cyber security;
- Lead cyber research and development projects;
- Create new understandings and capabilities by using evaluation techniques, critical review, experimentation, and engineering research and development methods;
- Spend time visiting with and understanding sponsor challenges in order to propose, plan, conduct, or manage research and development;
- Analyze existing state-of-the-art solutions and brainstorm new solutions;
- Develop research proposals, reports, or papers;
- Perform engineering or research tasks independently or across cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant discipline AND an advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant discipline;
- Two or more years of relevant experience;
- Experience or training in one of the following areas: statistics, analytics, machine learning, distributed computation, modeling and simulation, cyber security, or closely related field;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant discipline;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with designing, planning, and executing research, design, and development projects;
- Ability to conduct independent technical projects or scientific research;
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to develop and present technical ideas and results in oral and written form;
- Ability to perform effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment is particularly important.
The vision of the Networked Systems Survivability and Assurance Department is a "secure cyber space." Our focus is design, development, and implementation of information assurance methods for networks. Work involves securing network architectures and protocols and validating performance with modeling & simulation. In addition the department performs assessments of wireless networks and information systems. Department activities also include advanced research and development directed at network information assurance. Customers include DARPA, other WFO customers, other Sandia Organizations, and Sandia's LDRD Program.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT