Sandia National Laboratories R&D Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, Algorithms (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Outstanding technical professionals are needed to work on high-energy teams to perform formal and applied research at the crossroads of mathematics, science, advanced computing, and engineering. Your research will address critical national security needs across a variety of areas such as imaging systems, cyber security, satellite systems, threat detection, etc. Successful candidates will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to generate creative new ideas and discover innovative solutions. Opportunities exist to publish research in peer-reviewed venues.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering or science discipline.
- Experience in applied research.
- Proficiency in programming (such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.).
- Completion of coursework in Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra.
- Evidence of strong academic performance
- Completion of coursework in Probability and Statistical Inference.
- Evidence of relevant research expertise in the form of publications in peer-reviewed venues (conference proceedings or journals).
- Programming proficiency in CUDA and Matlab.
- Research experience with X-ray, Gamma-ray, Neutron, Ultrasound imaging methods or systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manifest research ideas as functional prototypes through software languages spanning low-level languages to high-level/scripting languages.
- Demonstrated experience in developing supervised/unsupervised models incorporating structured/unstructured data with rigorous methodology and production implementation.
In the Software Systems Research and Development Department, we use our extraordinary expertise in computing and mathematical sciences to perform and apply research making it accessible by creating innovative software solutions. We serve Sandia's mission with research and quality software products that work.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT