Sandia National Laboratories R&D, Computer Science (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are looking for a candidate with strong software design and development skills and experience, with the ability to think broadly and deeply in the design and implementation of software applications.
It is expected that the selected individuals will:
- Have fundamental technical competencies in software engineering practices, including planning, designing, implementing, testing, deploying and maintaining robust, highly available systems and applications
- Work collaboratively with architects, developers, technical leads, customers, and end users to collect requirements, develop vision, design solutions, and deliver high quality and easy-to-use software applications
- Be able to contribute to research and development in areas such as service-oriented and micro-services architectures, big data problem space, data and compute virtualization, enterprise cyber security, mobile computing, and business intelligence
- Be willing to challenge status quo in process and quality methodologies in software engineering, and demonstrate the initiative to drive improvements in these areas
- Have the willingness and ability to help advance a vision that will drive toward a modernized infrastructure and future architecture
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline plus 5 or more years of experience; or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline plus 8 or more years of experience; or Doctorate in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software design and development using Java, C++, or C#; including proficiency in objected-oriented design and development
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), including design and development of software services
- Experience with modeling languages, tools, and model-driven development, such as UML or SysML
- Experience with 3D game development, augmented reality or virtual reality content creation
- Experience leading technical projects, or experience with agile project execution
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking skills, and ability to see and convey the big picture; critical thinking, synthesis and problem-solving; ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, customer-focused operation; teaming; self-starting; excellent listening and communication skills
The Product Realization Technologies department (9513) has a mission to deliver next generation information systems based on emerging technologies that can easily adapt to changing business needs. We architect, design and develop software solutions that solve complex business problems across Sandia and the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE). This is a team of enterprise architects and software engineers that research new technologies, create vision and roadmaps, and develop leading edge, innovative software solutions within technology areas such as service-oriented and micro-services architectures, big data problem space, data and compute virtualization, enterprise security, mobile computing, and business intelligence.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT