Sandia National Laboratories R&D Computer Science (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a R&D Computer Scientist
The Real Time Data Processing Department is responsible for information technology R&D and its application to the delivery of complex, real-time data processing systems. We perform unique system analyses and we design and develop systems for numerous national security applications, including treaty monitoring and specialized satellite sensing. Department responsibilities include command and control, data acquisition and processing, data exploitation, and data dissemination and visualization. Skills within the department include software development, data handling, advanced digital signal processing, device interfaces, image processing, real-time and off-line data visualization, and algorithms for detection, tracking, characterization, and classification. We provide our customers with the ability to rapidly assess situations and make timely and accurate decisions.
1. Bachelor's and Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or relevant discipline OR Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering plus 8+ years of relevant industry experience
2. Demonstrated strong software development skills and familiarity with modern software development methodologies, practices, and tools.
3. High level of experience with object-oriented software development, preferably C++ and Java.
4. Experience with Unix/Linux operating environments
5. A demonstrated ability to develop and communicate ideas and results in oral and written form and to work in a team environment.
1. Experience with image and signal processing
2. Experience with HCI, UI development, and data visualization
3. Experience with modern graphics programming (OpenGL)
4. Relevant experience in scientific/engineering data processing software development.
5. Experience in real-time signal processing of sensor data.
6. Experience with detection, tracking, and classification algorithms.
7. Data fusion algorithms of large amounts of data
8. Machine learning and deep learning algorithms and techniques
The Decision Support Systems (DSS) Business Area is responsible for first-of-a-kind information systems, subsystems, and analysis tools for compelling nonproliferation and national security missions. We design, build, deploy, and enhance information systems that transform data to information, knowledge, and decisions within the framework of Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (TCPED). These TCPED systems are targeted for a range of applications, including remote sensing systems and satellite communications and control.
The Real Time Data Processing Department develops software, algorithms, and distributed networked computer systems for real-time extraction of static and dynamic events from high throughput, high volume data streams. Skills within the department include signal and image processing; statistical inference; data fusion; image registration; image compression; pattern recognition; radiometric calibration; compressive sensing; human-computer interfaces; data visualization; and design, implementation, deployment, operational user support, and maintenance of collaborative decision support systems.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT