Sandia National Laboratories R&D Computer Science (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a R&D Computer Science
• Bachelor's and Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or relevant discipline, plus two years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering plus 8+ years of relevant industry experience
• Software design, engineering and development, including familiarity with modern software development practices and tools.
• Experience with object-oriented software development (e.g., C++, Java, Python).
• Knowledge of and experience with implementation of the full software development life cycle using iterative or agile methods.
• Proficiency in a subset of the following: cost estimation, requirements capture, hardware and software architectural design, software modeling using UML, systems-level software testing, high consequence anomaly resolution, documentation and training, information assurance, and deployment of delivered systems.
• Experience/education in research and development efforts using a subset of the following: system engineering, hardware and software architecture, distributed system design, data exploitation/mining/fusion algorithms, digital signal processing, image processing, optical systems, command and control systems, numerical analysis, modeling and simulation, relational/object/geographic database technologies, user interfaces, scientific data visualization, web services technologies, and software development for multi-core/GPU/parallel computing.
• Experience with relevant application and mission domains (ground systems/data centers/operations centers, remote sensing, sensor technologies, proliferation detection, monitoring and surveillance).
• Experience with large, complex scientific and technical software systems engineering, development and deployment.
• Relevant professional certifications (e.g., Project Management Professional, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Systems Engineering Professional).
• Ability to obtain and maintain a SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and present ideas and results in oral and written form.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment.
The Tasking, Planning, and Mission Management Department (6323 ) focuses on the development of software to aid in satellite and payload command and control, task and asset scheduling and coordination, state of health analysis and visualization, mission planning, and other control elements such as navigation, geolocation, and payload pointing. We work in partnership with and maintain integral technical relationships with departments across the laboratories.We maintain active research and grow and continuously nurture expertise in the subjects of:¿ Communication and interface designs and technologies for effective flight/ground software and command/control¿ Orbital mechanics, modeling, and simulation software¿ Kalman filtering, payload pointing, and attitude control for complex navigation¿ Constellation management, particularly scheduling optimization theory and algorithms¿ Camera projection, distortion mapping, and terrain use for complex geolocation
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT