Sandia National Laboratories Physical Security Systems Specialist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Physical Security Systems Specialist
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- The Physical Security Department is seeking a very motivated Physical Security Systems Specialist.
- Work very closely with the other members of the department to establish a very broad understanding of the different physical security work processes within the department.
- Utilize expertise in Safeguards and Security with an emphasis in Physical Security, Technical background (e.g., Electrical, Electronic, etc.), Systems Engineering, Project Lead, and Quality & Assurance.
- Utilize knowledge in the DOE Physical Security areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field or relevant technical discipline plus 5 years of Physical Security experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or relevant experience
- 5 years of Systems Engineering experience
- 5 years of Project Lead experience on technical projects
- Experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing professional reports.
- Experience and knowledgeable with DOE/NNSA Security directives.
- Experience with or background in statistics and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in working with databases.
- Ability to partner with customers and technically direct the efforts of a cross-disciplinary team on large complex security projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified or equivalent.
- Experience developing process/procedures and documentation.
- Experience in identifying efficiencies in work processes, procedures and making recommended improvements.
- Experience with security assessments to support DOE audits and assessment of physical security systems.
- Experience in establishing, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks for technical personnel with minimal direction.
- Experience with problem solving, attention to details, and critical thinking with minimal guidance can be demonstrated.
- Effective verbal & written communication and presentational skills with results to successfully interact with internal and external customers and suppliers at all levels within an organization.
- Self- directed, customer focused, and strong interpersonal and team skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple concurrent activities to meet a variety of customer requirements.
- Experience with Quality and Assurance methods at SNL.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Security.
- Active DOE security clearance.
- Strong business acumen
- Proven record of project success
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, to include strong verbal and written communication skills to support preparing detailed written reports on technical subjects.
- Self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others (e.g., peers, management, customers, and stakeholders); cultivating new and/or preserving/improving existing relationships with internal/external customers and stakeholders.
- Capable of working in a multi-tasked and dynamic work environment.
The Physical Security Department is comprised of five distinct elements or teams. The Department provides security support services in defining site security strategies, providing physical security systems support, lock and key services, both measurements and accountability of special nuclear materials through the material control and accountability team, and specialized technical services when required. The Department also provides direct support to Tonopah Test Range through an assigned Facility Security Officer. Subordinate teams include 04242-1, MC&A, 04242-3, Integrated Protection Systems and 04242-7, TTR Operations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT