Sandia National Laboratories MDA Targets and Countermeasures Systems Analyst (Experienced) - Huntsville in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a R&D, Systems Research Analyst who will be on-site at the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support dynamic tasking by the government (primarily MDA Targets and Countermeasures Chief Engineer and Chief Systems Engineer), and also support MDA Targets and Countermeasure requirements interpretation and analysis;
- Aid development of target and countermeasure program and technology strategies;
- Lead and assist management of Sandia National Laboratories for MDA;
- Act as a conduit of information and tasking between MDA and Sandia National Laboratories;
- Interface with other organizations within MDA and other FRRDC's and UARC's.
This position requires the ability to live and work in the Huntsville, AL area and ability to travel to SNL (Albuquerque, NM) and domestic partner organizations several times per year and occasionally MDA test locations (Kauai, HI, Wallops Is., VA, Kodiak, AK, Vandenberg AFB, CA, Kwajelin Atoll, Marshall Islands, etc.) as needed (every few years).
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant STEM discipline and a Master's or PhD in related science and engineering field applicable to Missile Defense Agency flight tests (i.e. aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics);
- 5 or more years’ experience working on Missile Defense Agency projects or tasks;
- Active DoD Top Secret or DOE Q-clearance (and ability to maintain a DOE Q-clearance).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI, which may require a polygraph test.
- 10 or more years’ experience working on Missile Defense Agency projects and/or tasks.
- 5 or more years working Missile Defense Agency Targets and Countermeasures tasks.
- 5 or more years working for a UARC (i.e. Johns Hopkins APL) or FFRDC (i.e. DOE laboratory, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Aerospace Corporation) that does work with Missile Defense Agency.
A valued resource for applications of reentry, aerospace, precision guidance, target acquisition & defeat technologies that demonstrate system solutions to the nation's emerging threats.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD and SCI clearance to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT