Sandia National Laboratories Manager, Information Security in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Manager, Information Security. The Security Incident Management Program (SIMP) and Security Connection Department is part of Sandia’s Security and Emergency Management Center (4200), whose primary function is the protection and support of Sandia’s mission, information, resources, and people. The SIMP team is responsible for conducting inquiries into all reports of incidents of potential security concern to determine facts and circumstances related to incidents of potential security concern and is a 24/7 operation. The Security Connection call center team is a vital resource and serves as a liaison between various customers and security programs to respond to security-related questions Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Guide the work of the department.
- Understand the work of the organization and connects the work and expertise of the organization with potential beneficiaries, collaborators, and customers.
- Promote excellence by managing and coordinating specific deliverables, overall program and project plans, budgets, structures, schedules, and staffing requirements.
- Ensure that customer needs are satisfied through the creation of trust-based relationships.
- Apply organization knowledge and experience to independently judge work quality, performance, and alignment of results with customer expectations.
Bachelor's degree plus eight years of relevant experience, which may include the following:
Working in a regulatory/compliance driven environment
- Operating with reporting, auditing, or inspection requirements and investigations
- Planning and/or tracking process performance
- 2 years of leadership experience, which may include leading teams and projects
- Active US DOE Q security clearance, or DoD equivalent
- Experience with DOE directive compliance and reporting
- Experience with NNSA/DOE oversight
- Experience in a security field or the military
- Demonstrated situational awareness with the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks to successfully respond to simultaneous and competing requirements.
- Experience dealing with sensitive matters requiring interaction with all members of the workforce up to the Labs' Director
- Experience working in a high-volume work environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a dynamic environment.
- Commitment to excellence in high-formality, highly regulated activities requiring formality of operations subject to audit and inspection.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and negotiating skills, to include strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Successful experience with workforce planning and team development.
- Strong technical experience with a background in Information Technology
- Experience applying analytics to unstructured information
- Demonstrated experience in root cause analysis.
- A focused approach to reducing security incidents and improving security performance
- In-depth knowledge of Call Center operations.
- Experience with benchmarking processes and best practices
- Knowledge of Department of Energy (DOE) policies and requirements related to the classification, protection, and control of classified assets.
- Knowledge of Sandia's mission areas
Sandia's Security Incident Management Program (SIMP) conducts official inquiries into allegations of security incidents as defined by DOE. Results of completed inquiries establish facts, culpability, and circumstances related to security incidents and concerns. SIMP implements containment and/or mitigation actions as necessary to protect national security interests. SIMP compiles data related to incidents of security concern and provides reports to internal and external customers
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT