Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Thermal, Fluid, and Aerosciences R&D Graduate Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Thermal, Fluid, and Aerosciences Organization has opportunities for graduate interns for the Summer of 2018.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Assist the Thermal, Fluid, and Aerosciences group with various work projects
- Conduct computational/modeling simulation in aerosciences, fluid mechanics or heat transfer
- Support experimental work involving diagnostic development
- Conduct data analysis
The internships available span all engineering disciplines including:
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computational Science
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
- BS in a Science, Engineering or Math discipline
- Pursuing a MS or PhD in a Science, Engineering or Math discipline
Steward research, development, and applications expertise in thermal, fluid, and aero technology areas required to accomplish Sandia's mission in nuclear weapons and national security. Our competencies include engineering analysis, computational model development, experimental diagnostic development, and laboratory testing.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT