Sandia National Laboratories Intern - iSAFE Interns for Security, Arms Control, and Force Protection Engineering R&D Graduate Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting is for the Interns for Security, Arms Control, and Force Protection Engineering (iSAFE) institute.
iSAFE interns work on complex and challenging problems to develop novel technologies and lower the risk posed by high-consequence events, such as cyber-attack, nuclear and biological proliferation, terrorist threats, catastrophic incidents, and potentially destabilizing events. iSAFE projects range from small R&D efforts to large, multidisciplinary team collaborations and many are the cross over between physical and cyber security.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
- Currently pursuing a computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or similar degree
- GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 for all degrees earned
- Working knowledge and understanding of an engineering or science-related field as listed in the required section
- An existing U.S. Government granted security clearance
Engineer inherently secure and resilient cyber solutions for information, control, and cross-domain systems by anticipating, assessing, and mitigating high-consequence vulnerabilities. Innovate and develop security risk management approaches for information technologies, control systems, and the cyber physical interface. Lead the development of a capability to improve our nuclear event situational awareness.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT