Sandia National Laboratories Intellectual Property Patent Attorney (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Sandia National Laboratories is seeking a Patent Attorney. This attorney will provide legal advice and assistance in all matters involving or relating to intellectual property issues. The selected candidate will lead Sandia patent preparation and prosecution activities including in-house patent preparation and prosecution and management of outside patent counsel. This attorney will provide legal counseling on intellectual property issues, policies, and procedures. The attorney will work with divisions researching silicon processing and fabrication of compound semiconductors including micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), contour-mode resonators, silicon and III-V photonics (including VCSELs, ring resonators, all-optical logic, solar cells, infrared focal plane arrays), analog and digital circuits, semiconductor fabrication and packaging, and failure analysis techniques. The ideal candidate will have 4 – 8 years of patent prosecution experience in high technology areas.
The role will primarily be responsible for all aspects of patent protection, from reviewing invention disclosures, leading patent review committees, drafting patent applications, prosecuting patent applications in USPTO, conducting prior art searches, and supporting technology transfer activities of major national laboratory.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant scientific or engineering discipline plus 4-8 years of law firm and/or in-house experience in patent prosecution.
- A U.S. law degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Admission to practice in at least one U.S. state
- Current registration with the USPTO is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance.
- Masters or PhD level education in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant scientific or engineering discipline is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills are needed.
- Candidates should have strong project, and client management skills and a proven track record of success in the patent field.
Legal Division Intellectual Property Center
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT