Sandia National Laboratories Information Security Specialist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a proactive Information Security Specialist to develop Safeguards & Security (S&S) Program plans, procedures, and processes. This job includes analyzing and interpreting DOE orders, policies, and regulations to develop program documents, policies, plans, and procedures for the S&S Program.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Develop and maintain Safeguards and Security (S&S) program documentation, including policies, processes, and procedures, and ensures compliance with federal and corporate regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the quality of products conform to established standards, specifications, and agency guidelines.
- Work directly with security entities to ensure that operations, inspections, process control analyses, or audits are conducted on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet regulations.
- Ensure that S&S programs and policies are maintained and modified regularly.
- May serve as a liaison between Sandia National Laboratories and various governmental and contractor agencies.
- Help develop and implement training for the workforce in compliance with regulatory or governmental requirements.
- Provide expertise regarding security activities and how the program interfaces with other S&S program areas.
- Utilize broad knowledge of S&S Program requirements and operations
- Partner with S&S subject matter experts and other entities throughout the DOE complex
- Participate in security-related audits and assessments per Sandia and DOE requirements
- Develop, recommend, and implement continuous program and process improvements
- Provide advice about compliance with security requirements to operating entities
- Review and report on performance metrics in web-based tools such as SharePoint
- Interpret information, advise management, and recommend actions regarding issues
- Use project management and Lean Six Sigma principals and tools to analyze a variety of problems and to improve processes
- Interface with a variety of customers and various levels of management
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security/Assurance, Communications, English, Business, Criminology, Public Administration, or other relevant discipline plus five or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and work independently on multiple concurrent activities to meet a variety of customer requirements with changing priorities and short deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills to synthesize disparate detailed data into useful information, such as developing coherent documentation for reports and presentations;
- Demonstrated experience with S&S Program requirements and activities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop plans, policies, and procedures for all levels of management and staff.
- Strong facilitation, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to work well in teams;
- Experience reviewing, compiling, analyzing, and interpreting S&S data and the ability to recommend performance improvements.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and monitoring performance goals, targets, objectives, and milestones.
- Expertise in the development and implementation of operating policies, processes and procedures.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to initiate work, solve problems, and achieve results with minimal direction and supervision;
- Broad understanding of Sandia programs, policies, organizations, procedures, and administrative systems;
- Experience in project management; demonstrated ability to successfully manage and complete multiple programs and projects.
- Ability to work in a team-focused environment, exercise discretion, and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate major elements of the S&S Program to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving results.
- Ability to work with sensitive or classified information.
- Familiarity with the following S&S disciplines: Technical Security Systems, Physical Security, Personnel Security, Assurance and Self-Assessments, and Protective Force Operations.
The Strategic Initiatives & Assurance Department is part of Sandia’s Safeguard & Security (S&S) Center, whose primary function is the protection and support of Sandia’s mission, information, resources, and people. We strive to develop strategic partnerships and provide effective tools and resources to fully integrate security into every aspect of the work performed at Sandia. The Strategic Initiatives & Assurance Department is responsible for leading efforts in the development, implementation, and successful execution of a diverse portfolio of S&S-related strategic initiatives. The department oversees activities associated with S&S Program Assurance: Requirements Management, Risk Management, Performance Metrics, Assessments, and Issues Management. The department is also responsible for S&S Quality initiatives, S&S Communications, providing leadership for Lean Six Sigma activities, and for applying quality standards across S&S to ensure effective, efficient, and quality processes are implemented. The department ensures effective risk management by providing support for quarterly reporting, and provides support for special projects and presentations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT