Sandia National Laboratories General Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a General Technologist
A general technologist is needed to participate in development of emerging Transportation Safeguards and Surety Program (TSSP) product. These activities include, influencing todays development through requirements analysis and qualification that shall also support fleet surveillance assessments in concert with a set of modern testers at several facilities, and advanced maintenance processes utilizing non- destructive inspection (NDI) methods. Individuals shall team with technically strong, proactive department associates to interact with customer and group personnel to identify, communicate, resolve, monitor, and document mission issues, lessons learned, and corrective actions associated with transportation surety and related realization activities. The departments utilize an intellectually diverse team oriented, accelerated learning, and performance risk based approach, to have a positive impact on TSSP product for various customer missions.
All 6620 organizations are preparing for a significant increase in realization activities for several key TSSP projects and in particular for the Modern Global Transporter (MGT). Team members are needed to participate in post CDR/BDR development, design and qualification of transportation performance in various environments/scenarios at the system and subsystem levels. On any given day, as a part of a high performance team you may be called on to:
- Compile and analyze statistical data and reports for various teams.
- Support fleet surveillance activities.
- Support inspections of various product in development.
- Support key field test logistics and activities.
- Oversee NDI ES&H activities.
- Support Cargo Restraint operations and training as needed.
- Support product tester qualification/calibration activities.
- High school diploma plus three or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Active US DOE Q security clearance
- BS in mechanical or electrical technology
- Experience managing chemical inventories.
- Ability to work with many different organizations and individuals across the laboratory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse groups.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Experience with ES&H federal and local regulations.
- Document development and control.
The Transportation Safeguards and Surety Program (TSSP) (6620) mission is to assess risks, characterize surety concerns , develop, and deploy innovative solutions for Physical, Cyber, and Communication Systems for use in high consequence transportation environments.
Within the group, the Transportation System Analysis Department (6621) evaluates and seeks to continually improve the product realization of high consequence transportation products through various life cycle assessment/analysis activities. A major element of present work is to evaluate life cycle activities for emerging new products supporting the fleet. A team is developing an enhanced fleet surveillance program requiring product tester modernization concurrent with development and product acceptance activities with key partners. In addition, Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) team is advancing technologies to support development and inspection of TSSP product during development and inoperations. New team members are needed to help execute these key activities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT