Sandia National Laboratories General Support Technologist (Entry/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a General Technologist.
On a given day, you may be called on to:
- Implement program-specific procedures relating to program operations. The various E&O procedures have implemented features related to safety, property management, and facilities.
- Support the US Nuclear Detonation Detection System (USNDS) program by being the focal point for all infrastructure inventories, spare parts depot, hardware decommission and sanitization.
- Develop specific procedures and configurations in support of the web-enabled controlled access management tool for the program’s data center areas.
- Maintain and support the technical activities associated with the program’s data center areas including preparing reports, recommending solutions to managing computing data center areas, and adhering to the requirements of such computing environments.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders from other discipline areas such as engineering operations, environment, safety, cyber security, physical security, information management, technical writing, and facilities coordinators.
- Assist USNDS staff members on projects and operations.
- HS diploma plus at least three years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with guidance on environment, safety, and security for computing data center areas.
- Experience with conducting computing facilities management surveillances.
- Experience developing procedures to enhance and streamline current working environments’ safety and security requirements.
- Experience with implementing Lean Six Sigma in an organization to improve performance efficiencies in business operations thru data gathering, statistical analysis, and change implementation.
- Experience with the USNDS property management, particularly inventory coordination.
- Active DOE Q-clearance
- Experience with COMSEC processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and balance short-term unplanned and long-term planned tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to implement physical security controls by applying program-specific and SNL-standard procedures.
The NDS Sustainment Department is accountable for providing prompt diagnosis, analysis and assessment of critical technical issues associated with USNDS ground systems followed by responsive resolution - in line with Sandia's mission to help secure the nation against nuclear threat. As the Sandia first response team for the ICADS, GNT, and RDP components of the USNDS ground system portfolio, our diverse team ensures continuous system operation to meet or exceed mission-critical system requirements. Through the team's productive engagement with a multitude of external agencies that includes users, stakeholders, and customers, analysis and feedback fuel a healthy evolution of system maintenance, enhancements, and new capabilities. These stakeholder interactions, understanding of user experience and constructive feedback dovetail with the Mission Data Processing Systems team to extend a truly full lifecycle view of our delivered products.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT