Sandia National Laboratories Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a self-motivated, customer orientedEqual Employment Opportunity Specialistwho enjoys working with a variety of new challenges and personnel, and who can effectively prioritize multiple deadlines with short delivery timelines.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Conduct internal investigations and/or respond to formal charges.
- Coordinate and provide guidance for job accommodations and medical restrictions with employees and management.
- Collaborate with Affirmative Action outreach committees to achieve their goals in alignment with Sandia’s Diversity & Inclusion strategy.
- Provide support for special projects as needed for activities related to diversity and inclusion, EEO/AA policy updates and dissemination and ad hoc data requests.
- Support the development and implementation of EEO & AA Services strategic plans.
- Lead EEO & AA Services initiatives designed to accomplish strategic objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of relevant experience; or master's degree in relevant discipline plus two or more years’ relevant experience; or doctorate in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Investigation experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in addressing job accommodation issues.
- Knowledge of employment law (Affirmative Action, ADA, ADEA, Title VII of Civil Rights Act, USERRA, etc.).
- Professional certification in human resources or mediation/conflict resolution is preferred.
- PeopleSoft database skills;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and delivering effective presentations.
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and constantly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people at all levels.
- Strong MS Office skills.
The Diversity, EEO & AA Services Dept. is responsible for providing support and guidance to Sandia management in valuing diversity in its workforce, and ensuring compliance with EEO/AA laws, regulations, and guidelines. The mission of the Department is to ensure that employees are treated fairly and equitably with regard to all terms and conditions of employment, and to support the planning and implementation of Sandia's strategic diversity effort to ensure a high-performing, inclusive work environment for all employees. Success at Sandia is dependent upon the special skills and talents of all its employees.s, and guidelines. The mission of the Department is to ensure that employees are treated fairly and equitably with regard to all terms and conditions of employment, and to support the planning and implementation of Sandia's strategic diversity effort to ensure a high-performing, inclusive work environment for all employees. Success at Sandia is dependent upon the special skills and talents of all its employees.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT