Sandia National Laboratories Accounting/Cost Analyst (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Sandia Mission Services Talent Acquisition Team (MSTAT) is hosting this job requisition for Accounting/Cost Analyst positions at the Lab. This team is active in identifying candidates with relevant academic and work experience in an effort to meet our staffing needs and objectives for either current or near-term positions.
Selected applicants will be interviewed by a subcommittee of managers. Subsequently, successful applicants will be provided to managers for placement in positions across the Laboratory.
Candidates are expected to team with others to support Sandia's mission by adding value, improving operations, offering innovative solutions and appropriately managing risk for the corporation.
Please submit the following with your completed application:
- Updated resume
- A letter of introduction addressing career goals and areas of primary technical interest/focus
The Accounting-Cost Analyst is responsible for allocating costs, collecting data, and preparing reports to maintain Sandia National Laboratories cost accounting system.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Ensure that costs are allocated according to established procedures.
- Gather historical cost data on such activities as material purchases, labor, equipment depreciation, repairs, assembly, and operating expenses.
- Investigate cost structures for new and existing areas of Sandia.
- Price new services or products by developing unit costs and projecting expenses.
- Prepare reports that compare budgets with actual expenses.
- Prepare existing or projected profitability analyses.
- Recommend, design, or develop revisions to the accounting system.
- Designs, modifies, installs, queries, and maintains automated accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Requires bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline plus entry level experience (up to two years); or master's degree in Business or related discipline.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Strong education, knowledge, and experience in business management functions.
- Knowledge and experience in project administration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willing to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT